Cavallo Winery
One of the owners and the marketing director made our event booking seamless. I was surprised by how quickly we planned it. What stood out was Steph was on holiday at the time, and she was still replying to my emails and making an effort to see my vision come to life.
Who is Cavallo Winery? Their grapes are sourced from select vineyards in Napa Valley and Lake Country, California. Sourced from the best, their flavour profiles are full-bodied, ripe fruit, lush tannins, and very approachable wine. Once the grapes are received in their winemaking tasting room in Surrey, BC, the processing begins within 36 hours of harvest. The winemaking process is unique and meticulous, noting that balance is crucial.
The collection of individuals with diverse backgrounds makes Cavallo Winery who they are. I admire their uncompromising and dedication to the art of winemaking. The care for processing shows through as well. The press is German, the bottling line is Italian, tanks are built in BC, a business in Napa Valley crafts and toasts the barrels to their high standards and specifications. Lastly, everything in the wine is integrated seamlessly. There is an expertly choreographed dance between the tannin, alcohol, acidity, fruit and oak. This leads to nothing being out of place, and everything is synchrony. The only thing after that is perfection!
Great wine definitely doesn't happen on its own. I was fascinated reading about the winemakers and the owners. Their bios are extensive and so profound. President Frank Gigliotti, Director Trevor Broad, Director Craig Watson, and Director John Claus make up the ownership. I have had the pleasure of meeting Trevor and John. Congratulations on making something so beautiful and tasty that we can all enjoy. It truly is some of the best wine I have tasted.
Let's go back to my experience with them. We walked into a warm and inviting lounge set up for us two. We had discussed some nibbles, but I was blown away by the size of the charcuterie board. Steph greeted us warmly; she let us settle into our private room, which looked cozy.
We loved our private wine tasting and tour of the facility. There was a perfect balance of wine tastings between grazing and spending some alone time together. Steph knew when we needed a refill even though the door was closed for privacy. The candles added a lovely ambiance to the room. The charcuterie board not only looked beautiful but tasted fresh. We tasted some wine from the barrels during our tour, which was a pleasant surprise. Everything was done well and was exquisite.
I have had the pleasure of experiencing a tasting at the wine bar previously. They host long table dinners, have a fantastic boardroom upstairs for meetings or private events. Cavallo means horse in Italian, and you can see its touches throughout the beautiful space. Of course, my husband loved the date experience, the wood interior, and the wine. We brought home two bottles of Cabernet Sauvignon.
I only rave about the best local businesses here. Let me tell you that Cavallo Winery is il meglio (the best). It's definitely a hidden gem in an industrial zone. You will love it! I can't wait to work with them again.
"If it isn't the best, we are not interested."
Cavallo Winery
Avril
xx

Comments
Post a Comment