Skin Rejuvination
The secret to healthy-looking skin? Okay, I know I sound like a commercial. The truth is there is no secret from me anyways. However, I do take self-care very seriously. I wish I started botox, laser treatments early on or do I? Well, it's never too late to start. I've partnered with Prestige Laser & Beauty Studio, and they treated me to a medical peel and a laser genesis treatment.
Tatjana is the owner of the medical-grade spa. She specializes in microblading and medical laser treatments. With over 15 years of experience, Prestige has become where clients go for a European-style treatment. Every service is customizable to your specific skin care needs. They offer free consultations, the best treatment to make you feel at ease, and there is a waiver form to sign before you begin entailing everything you need to know.
I get a facial there every few months or so. My skin needed one after my skin tag removal procedure which I had done there as well. Angelica was my technician for my facial and laser peel that day. I felt comfortable having met her before, and Tatjana was in the room as well. We started with cleansing the skin, gentle peel using Alumier products, and finishing with serums and sunscreen. Next was the skin genesis treatment which felt warm on my skin as she moved around in sections on my face. It was pretty quick, and I loved that there was no downtime. Being a working mom, this was important to me.
Below is a brief intro about both procedures. I didn't want to write up my version because I'm not familiar with the benefits. The spa itself provides this information, and I want it to be helpful to you.
Facials + Medical Peels
Brief Intro:
Relaxing and result-driven facials—the perfect way to start your skin journey with us
Description of treatment:
With various facial and peel options, each treatment is customized based on a client's skin type and concerns. During the treatment, we can help address sensitivity, acne, dehydration, and ageing. Proper home care as well as advanced Medical treatments can be discussed further based on the client's goals. Start your skincare journey by booking in for a facial where we can assess your skin and recommend the appropriate steps from there.
Benefits:
- Safe for all skin types with an option for no downtime
- Hydrates and brightens dull or pigmented skin
- Extractions are done when needed
- Allows for better penetration of your homecare products
- The perfect 'glow' for any special event
We will start your facial with a thorough cleanse and analysis of your skin. Depending on your skin type and concerns, we customize the medical facial that is best for you. For example, for oily and acne-prone skin types, we would add in exfoliation using salicylic acid to reduce acne and improve skin texture and extractions as needed. For dryer skin types, we would use our moisturizing mask to help restore the skin's natural barrier. Some of the stronger peels require preconditioning the skin at home before treatment and slightly different homecare recommendations. Don't worry about choosing which treatment is best—that's what we're here for.
Fast Facts:
Duration
- Peels are 25 minutes
- Facials are 50 minutes
- To maintain skin health, one treatment per month is recommended.
Aftercare:
Using appropriate prescribed home care depending on the treatment performed and wearing medical sunscreen daily to protect the skin.
Laser Skin Rejuvenation
Brief Intro:
Smoother, younger-looking skin, with no downtime.
Description of treatment:
Laser Genesis and Innerlift are warm, comfortable laser treatments that are safe for all skin types. Due to the longer wavelength, this laser is unlikely to trigger pigmentation in darker skin types, unlike many other laser devices out there. The laser treats deep into the dermis to target fine lines, acne, acne scarring, enlarged pores, redness and flushing, and minor pigmentation. When done in a series, clients noted a nice change in their skin with no downtime. Depending on the individual's concerns, laser skin rejuvenation can be combined with other treatments for quicker results.
Benefits:
- No downtime
- Safe for all skin types
- Very comfortable
- Safe all year round
- Treats a wide range of concerns
Using laser energy, we can safely heat the deeper layers of the skin, which creates a controlled injury in the tissue. This kick starts the repair process in the dermal layer, ultimately tightening the skin, enhancing skin texture, reducing the appearance of fine lines and enlarged pores, and lightening pigmentation. The heat from the laser can also constrict blood vessels, which combats redness and rosacea.
Fast Facts:
Duration
- 30 minute treatment time
- 45 minute treatment time for peel + laser skin rejuvenation
- Six sessions minimum
Aftercare:
Avoid sun exposure (including tanning beds) and sunscreen on the exposed treatment areas (face, neck, chest).
So the question of the day is, why do I keep going back to Prestige Laser Studio? When I enter the spa, I always get greeted with a warm smile and great energy. Coffee and tea are a must there and so delicious. I only trust Tatjana and now Angelica to do all my services. I don't go anywhere else. Tatjana goes above and beyond for me every time. It was my birthday, and I was travelling (surprise). Tatjana not only opened up her spa for me on a day it's usually closed, but she took time away from her family to do my Mani and Pedi. We stayed late, chatted and had a great time. Heck, we have even cried together. She is now a friend and not only my aesthetician. We are pretty open about everything with one another. She employed me as her office administrator and makeup artist when she opened her spa, and I loved working there. She builds trust and a relationship with her clients. It's hard to find both these days.
I'm thankful for people like Tatjana in my life. I always leave the spa happy and looking my best. My face feels tight, plump, soft and smooth like a baby's bottom. I will gladly take that. It was a great first experience, and I would definitely do it again.
Avril
xx

Comments
Post a Comment