Hemlock Hollow
It was supposed to be a sunny destination. I was looking forward to sunshine, beaches, relaxing with a drink and just my husband and I. Well, that didn't happen, and I'm not mad at it.
Instead, we booked a chalet for a week. It was quite the opposite. I think I surprised Tim when I mentioned, let's book a cabin. He gave me a puzzled look. Rustic is not my thing. We booked a cozy cabin tucked away in the mountains. There was nothing nearby, not even a hospital. It was pretty remote, and we had to take all our essentials.
We decided to take Eli with us. I'm big on recharging my batteries, so this trip was exactly that. I wanted to reconnect with my boys, rest before the holidays began, and I was looking forward to a slower pace for the week.
Our getaway may sound boring, but it was perfect. It rained quite a bit, so staying in was easy. We all curled up by the fireplace, went hot tubbing twice a day, played Trouble, card games, cooked delicious meals, indulged, drank, napped and made a ton of memories.
If you would like to stay in this gorgeous log cabin in Hemlock Valley, reference Thompson, for 15% off, valid through the end of November and May 2022. The name of the cabin is Hemlock Hollow.
It wouldn't be a getaway without getting outdoors in the sideways rain to take pictures. They sure turned out beautiful. It turns out you don't need sunshine for a great time; it's all about mindset, lovely humans, and your surroundings that make a beautiful setting.
If you want to follow my daily adventures, my handle on Instagram is @spreadingmyinnerjoy. My feed is curated mostly of fashion, experiences, and my son. I appreciate you taking the time and reading my little blog.
"Enjoy the now."
Avril
xx

Comments
Post a Comment