Montreal Eats


If you're visiting  Montreal only to enjoy the smoked meat and poutine, you will be missing out on all the other decadent food it offers. We enjoyed both on our first trip to Montreal, but this time around, we tried different tastes of the city, and it did not disappoint.


We had some cozy nights in our apartment, but we went out for eats for the most part. I was not going to be cooking while on vacation, even though we had a full kitchen in our place. I wanted to visit some unique places for dinner, and that's precisely what we did.

I found the food to be quite expensive. We splurged in the dining area for sure.  Enjoy the pictures. They are taking me back. 


"People who love to eat are always the best people."

Julia Child


Avril 

Xx

 



3 Brasseurs, St Paul


This pub was recommended to us. We enjoyed drinks on the patio as we people watched. E had dessert for dinner and was very content with his decision. Tim and I enjoyed nachos, cocktails, beer and I ordered more food as the evening went on, but clearly didn't take photos of them, so it didn't happen.





Restaurant Gandhi

We walked past here one night, and I knew I wanted to dine here. If you can't tell by the name, it's an Indian restaurant. The dishes were delicious. The owners are from Bangladesh, and they were so friendly. Not pictured here are the three huge puris I ordered. Not many Indian foods come close to my parents' cooking, but this was pretty darn close. Shhh, don't tell them.




Maggie Oakes


We discovered we had friends visiting when we were there, so of course, we got together with them and enjoyed cocktails. The five of us met outside restaurant Gandhi and walked to Maggie Oakes. It was a lovely time of catching up, discussing our trips so far and laughing at the fact we flew so far to hang out with one another.




Vallier Bistro Montrealais


We didn't plan to come to Vallier, but we were so glad we did because the food tasted amazing. We decided to order a few dishes and share them. We might have ordered too much, but we were hungry and devoured everything. The mac n cheese was delicious, the poutine was greasy in a good way, the calamari was just right, and the salad was light and refreshing.












Lov 


We tried to get into Lov the previous night, but they were all booked up. Well, when we got in, I could see why. Lov is vegan. What better restaurant to celebrate a promotion in, I thought? The ambience, food and service were incredible. We all had a lovely time. I even managed to walk around and take some photos while there was no one dining yet. Everything was white inside and very boho, which I loved. We toasted to my new position at work and simply enjoyed the evening. Can you tell I really LOVed it?




Nelli Cafe + Vin Nature


We ended our trip and had comfort food as our last dinner in Montreal. Tim loves zen bowls, so he ordered something light. I went big and ordered a roasted chicken, fries, gravy and caesar salad. E and I ate well that evening.


Comments

Popular Posts