Anniversary Getaway


Since last year, I have wanted to visit Tin Can Ranch, but I wanted to be safe and go at the right time with everything going on. There just happened to be an open availability around our wedding anniversary which was the end of September.  I didn’t have to plan too much because, looking at their feed on Instagram, the ranch looked terrific already. The weather cooperated for us, and it ended up being a beautiful sunny weekend. The essentials I packed were a bathing suit, a bath bomb for that beautiful outdoor tub, a candle from Canvas Candle Company and some bubbly, of course, to toast our 11 years. I usually bring a few comforts from home to feel cozy in a new place. 


It was definitely worth the wait! We pulled up, and I couldn’t get out of the car fast enough. We got in late, and the debate was food or ranch first? Well, I picked the ranch. I fell in love with the place instantly. It was even more stunning in person. We opened the door to the airstream, and it smelled heavenly and like home. I still don’t know what that smell was, but I couldn’t get enough every time I entered in and out. The space was clean, beautiful, and a boho girl’s dream space for a few days. We settled in and put our things away. We headed back out and grabbed take-out from Leo’s Tapas and Grill Cuisine in the heart of downtown Gibsons. We grabbed some groceries, wine and headed back to our Airbnb. We had a great meal and relaxed. Since we had a few drinks in us, it was time to use the sauna.






I slept in and woke up to an empty place. Tim and I tend to do things a bit differently as a couple. He wakes up early and goes for a run, and likes to explore our surroundings. At the same time, I have a super slow morning in bed. I made coffee, put on some music, said hi to some new friends and waited for my man to get home. An extensive breakfast was on the agenda. Tim cooked everything outside on a bbq. It was so delicious that I’m still thinking about it. We had a slow morning together. I cleaned up and got ready for our couples massage by Time to Glow Spa. It was probably one of the best massages I have had. The sun was beaming down on me while the air was crisp. We were outside on a massage table on the deck, naked, and it was perfect! Sarah is excellent at what she does, came to us and I highly recommend her services. 






Next on the agenda was that incredible outdoor bathtub. After our couples massage, we had to get cleaned up anyway. I created a soothing bath atmosphere. I was in there for hours even though I’m not a bath person. Tim did join me eventually, and we sipped our bubbly and talked for hours. The sweetest hosts gifted us a dinner experience at Lunitas Mexican Eatery. The two of us were so surprised and grateful for the nice gesture. The food was unbelievably delicious, the ambience was great, the servers were friendly and efficient, and we were pleased. When we arrived back, there was a campfire going for us already. The warmth of the fire was perfect. The evening ended with more drinks and, of course, another sauna session as it was our last night there. 







I tend to gather my things the night before, so I’m not rushing in the morning. I cherish my slow start in the morning, and I like to check out on time. The breakfast was terrific once again. I wanted to leave the space clean, so I cleaned all the dishes and tidied up as much as possible. There was just one more thing I had to experience before we left, and that was the outdoor shower. It was so peaceful I didn’t want to get out. 


Tin Can Ranch was my haven. Believe it or not, I had a hard time coming up with this post because I didn’t have the right words. I guess what I’m saying is you have to experience this beauty for yourself because there are no words for perfection sometimes. I fell in love with it, and honestly, I left a little piece of my heart there. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. 

 



"All that you are is all that I'll ever need."
Ed Sheeran

Avril 
xx

Comments

Popular Posts