Just Getting Started
Eli had a rough start where I had to get involved, and it was heartbreaking to experience as a mom. If you know me, then you know I'm a momma bear. When you send your child to school, you want him to feel safe, play, learn, make friends and grow. It took many phone conversations and emails, and the issue was rectified by the Principal, who gave me her word, but it took every ounce in me not to bring it to social media and the news.
Despite a rough start, he had a fantastic year. Eli's french immersion teacher took him under her wings, and he would come home excited and happy every day. He was excited to go to school and play with his new friends. He started making cards, bracelets and writing notes for his friends and his teacher. I knew he was happy because that's how he shows his love towards others. We have many of these items as well from him. I'm not sure what to do with it all, but we have many.
He loved visiting the classroom garden daily. He loved the explore portion of the day. When I picked him up, many girls would say, "bye Eli!". He was always so non-chalant about it. I asked him what he did that day; his response was always, "I played mummy." That answer was always enough for me.
Well, he ended up getting married at the end of the school year. I'm not sure how I feel about that because we weren't invited to the wedding. I mentioned to him that he told me he wasn't ever getting married. His answer "well, I changed my mind." He's my little charmer, of course. We had fun doing a little photoshoot nearby our home and celebrated him. It's on to a fun summer ahead. If you follow me on Instagram, then you know that we have some fun adventures together.
"There are places in the heart you don't even know exist until you love a child."
Anne Lamott
Avril xx








Comments
Post a Comment