Mothers Day Part 2
So apparently, Mother's Day was Eli's day. Well, I guess in a way it is, but it's funny how the morning unfolded. First, it was cute how he confidently stated, "I get to wear my jammies all morning, mummy?" And secondly, "Are we doing a big breakfast? " "We do big breakfasts on special days!" My heart melted, and I said, "Yes, my love. It is a wonderful day."
Mother"s day is a bittersweet day for me. This is a tough blog post to write. I'm trying to hold back the tears. My mom and I are estranged. So this day starts on a happy note but ends in sadness for me. I'm thankful for my son and our strong connection. I have had many people comment on Part 1 of this blog, mentioning our closeness and bond. We do have an unspoken bond for sure. We have been through a lot together.
I enjoyed hot coffee on the couch alone. Eli enjoyed pancakes for his special day. I was saving my appetite for happy hour, and besides, I don't eat breakfast anyway, okay, just Christmas morning.
I got a delivery from Leis du buds. E ordered me some beautiful pink peonies. Leis has a storefront in Kits, and it's gorgeous. If you haven't gone, you need to go!
We made it to the Roof patio by Black and Blue. Many were surprised I got a reservation. I like to plan far in advance for events. It was a beautiful sunny day in Vancouver. The rooftop patio was gorgeous. We shared some appies, and I had a couple of happy hour cocktails. We ended up in Nordstrom after saying hi to some associates now turned friends (hi Will!) It was a casual day. We didn't do too much or too little. I'm not sure how it turned into a shopping spree for Eli, but it did.
We kept the day simple. You must be thinking, yeah, right. I know this post took me a while to write. I may share a lot of my life on social media, but there are some things I still keep to myself. I want to give the best version of myself to Eli. I hope you had a nice Mother's Day. I know it can be a tough day. Mother's day can take many forms; know you are not alone if the day doesn't go as planned.
"Not all mothers can be motherly."
Avril xx











I always think of you on Mother's Day and how it is a bittersweet day for you♥️♥️ much love
ReplyDeleteI often wonder how I can be so full, and feel so empty at the same time. I can always feel my friends love on this day. Thanks for the sweet message. Love you.
Delete