Here We Glow
I love that there was no hesitation with Lumii Skin Studio when I asked her to collaborate with me. Pam and I have known each other through a salon she works at currently. Our friendship has grown since then. I have to say she supports me on my social platforms daily, so I knew I had to reciprocate that love to her.
The Hydro jello masks drew me in. I'm a huge advocate for facials and self-care. I get them every three months or so. So I knew I had to try this out. This studio is conveniently located in Burnaby, out of a home spa. It's clean, there are sanitary practices in place, and I love that Pam walks you through everything she is doing.
Pam has kindly written down the procedure she did that day for me below:
I did microdermabrasion which is a deep exfoliation. It's a diamond tip vacuum that sucks the dirt, oil, white/blackheads from the top layer of the skin. It also helps with acne scars, sun spots, and fine lines. I can adjust the pressure and suction depending on each client's skin type.
Then there was dermaplaning, where I use a surgical-grade blade to scrape all the dead skin and vellus hairs from the top layer of skin. It leaves your skin feeling so soft and with a natural glow that sometimes isn't visible through the baby hairs. Also, the hair won't grow back thicker as the blade is surgical grade. After Dermaplaning, you're skincare products absorb a lot better, and makeup goes on flawlessly!
We also did high-frequency treatment, which is a wand that kills bacteria, which helps any blemishes heal quicker and helps increase oxygen to the skin. It helps with collagen production, scars, puffiness and improves the overall tone, texture, and glow.




Wow, so interesting to hear about the process of a facial!
ReplyDeleteIt was different, but so relaxing.
Delete