R&R
I whisked away my sidekick for a little staycation. I didn't really tell him. I wanted it to be a surprise. I briefly stated we were going away, and when we got in the car, I mentioned to E that we're staying in a hotel. He was so excited! This was a mummy and son get away for a little bonding time.
We checked in to the Fairmont Vancouver. It was our first visit here. We were upgraded to a corner room, received late checkout at 5pm, and free parking. Eli was given a Fairmont passport booklet which contained a scavenger hunt inside. He was thrilled about that.
Our room was spacious and beautiful. There was a robe for him on the bed with some cute slippers. We both got settled in, mummy took pictures, of course, and we relaxed for a little while.
Friday was a bit gloomy, so we decided to stay in. He was eager to start his scavenger hunt in the hotel, so away we went. I was a bit distracted by the hotel designer boutiques. Eli quickly reminded me why we came downstairs. We had fun exploring the somewhat empty hotel. Going up and down the elevator, staircases, and of course, the revolving door many times.
I did manage to make a purchase in Gucci. Ivy, who worked there, was so patient with us. She was so kind to Eli and was very attentive to me. We were in and out a few times, as being a mom comes first, and after all, we had a little more exploring to do. I ordered us dinner from Notch8 to take to our room. We were both happy about our adventures and headed up for the evening.
I promised him a bubble bath, and we would get in our robes for the night. We had the best day together. Just us two, there were no distractions.
He was so sweet waking me up. He said, "mummy, I already brushed my teeth". It was nice waking up to a gorgeous, sunny day, and the view from our room was nice. I brought him breakfast, and I enjoyed coffee. I'm not a breakfast person.
We ventured out to Nordstrom; it was a short walk there but quite windy. I said hi to some friendly faces. I visited the Le Labo counter and chatted with Wilson briefly. I purchased a candle I have wanted for a while, Santal 26. Its scent is gentle, smoky, and leathery. I had a nice chat with my friend Will at YSL. We both sat and hung out for a while. Eli played on his tablet while I looked at some new arrivals. I actually went in to purchase some new shoes for him, so we went to the kid's shoe department and picked up some cute high-top Vans. We stopped at the Ebar on the way out and grabbed some treats for later.
We enjoyed some more downtime. We had lunch and enjoyed our treats from earlier. I did manage to do a little photoshoot and shoot some content for a later post. We cuddled, talked, watched a movie. It was a perfect staycation. Eli said he never wants to leave. I told him we will definitely be back. He's been really missing me lately. I think we came back a little closer, and the memories will last forever.
"Slow down and everything you're chasing will come around to catch you."
John De Paolo
Avril xx











What a sweet and special time!! 💓
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet and special time!! 💓
ReplyDelete