Signature
What is your signature style? Or should I say, what is one thing that represents you most? Or people remember you by? Think about it, and let me know in the comments later. I would say for me it would be wearing a hat. I have many, I wear them daily, and it adds something special to my outfit. I’m really excited about this blog post for many reasons. This was my first collaboration with a local business, and it will remain close to my heart. This post was a no brainer because I get asked about my hats often. The pictures turned out so lovely, I hope you enjoy them.
A big thank you to Choymann, the owner of Passion Floral Boutique, for letting me use her space for some great photos. She is always so happy to see me whenever I enter her beautiful store. She knows exactly what style of flowers I love. We both got creative and the photos turned out beautiful.
This green hat I purchased is from Whistler Hat Gallery. It was my first hat purchase. I was very drawn to it. It’s made by Brixton and is a size extra small. I have a fairly small head, and when it comes to finding a hat I am very particular of the style and fit. I love the color and the leather band around it. It’s a nice neutral for me. The gentleman working in the store was so helpful (I forget his name), but he custom fits all my hats now. Yes, I drive all the way to Whistler for it.
This black flat brim hat is from Forever 21. I loved the softness to it, and the rope braid around it. This one is a tad too big and I have pins inside to make it smaller. This has been my go to hat in this pandemic to wear to work. It has a soft brim to it, so it feels like you aren’t even wearing anything on your head.
When I saw this hat I immediately knew I needed it in my life. Gigi Pip was a new brand to me out of Utah. When I saw they did a collaboration with an influencer I have been following for awhile named Cara Loren I knew even more I needed this hat. These two women power houses were coming together to create something beautiful, I knew I needed to support them. I didn't own an off white hat with a rolled edge yet, so I purchased it on preorder. It was worth the wait and even more beautiful in person. I love their saying “Gigi Pip is inspired by women who wear many hats.”
The soft pink and rust hat are from Muse Social Fashion House. They are another small, local business who is near and dear to my heart. I have been a huge fan since day one. I recently started working for them. Muse is my go to for hats and fashion. It’s another all woman run business and I’m here for it.
These two neutral hats are from Urban Outfitters. The lovely Corryn from Always Eden told me about them. We met at a market and she fell in love with my green hat I was wearing, The rest is history. These are definitely the ones I reach for when I want something neutral for a bold outfit. I bought one and couldn’t resist so I bought the other color. They are adjustable, more of a stiffer brim, and oh so pretty.
Last, but not least this pink beauty is from Lack of Color. I love Australian brands, and own many different items from different vendors. I have travelled to Australia many times, maybe it brings back happy memories. This I purchased at another boutique in Vancouver called Vincent Park Clothing. It was sitting on a shelf, and I knew I needed it. It was my first LOC hat, and I wear this one with my bohomenian style dresses in the warmer months.
Whether you are known for wearing dresses, that cat eyeliner or you have a creative side. Let me know in the comments. I would love to read it. Thanks for all the love on my blog so far. I am having fun and love being creative.
"Hats allow you to make a statement without saying a word"
Avril xx








Comments
Post a Comment