A & E
I've been trying to write this post for a week as it is the hardest topic to write about. I want to say so much, but I don’t have the right words. Perhaps I want to respect Eli’s privacy, or perhaps it is hard sharing emotional experiences with people I don't know yet.
He had a major surgery at 4 weeks old where we almost lost him. He’s the bravest, most emphatic child I know. Some say he’s an old soul. I’m not sure what he experienced, but I know he’s meant to be here.
We have this love language that we only understand. We have a great bond that is expressed very loudly, but sometimes it is unspoken. At times he looks at me differently. At times I want to cry when I look at him because it reminds me of the battle we fought as a family.
My heart was crushed with what I experienced as a mom, but its made me the person I am today.
If you notice E getting so much love, and getting mostly what he wants, it’s because he deserves it all. He’s my little fighter, and lives his life to the fullest.
“I have found that if you love life, life will love you back”
Arthur Rubinstein
Avril xx




So sorry he went through a tough time! You're a strong mama
ReplyDeleteThanks Taylor for your kind words. He is thriving now. It's still tough some days.
DeleteI'm just over here crying! I was extremely honoured to be welcomed into that experience. You are so brave and E is an incredible miracle ✨
ReplyDeleteYou were my rock and saving grace. You came into my life for a reason friend. I can't believe how strong and brave we all were. What an amazing story to tell. He is a miracle child. I am grateful for him everyday. Thank you so much for being there for us and especially me. I love you so much! xoxox
Delete