PLAIN (AV) VS NEUTRAL GIRL

 

It’s Sunday evening and I’m cozy on the couch, surrounded by a warm, fluffy blanket. I have jazz music playing and there is a dull light coming from a candle called Slow Sunday. This is the much anticipated first blog post...no pressure, and don’t mess it up I’m thinking to myself. My phone is put away. Ok it’s still beside me.


I couldn’t think of a better time to create. After all, it is love month, my birthday month, and Aquarius season. I said yes. What’s the saying? The stars aligned. Well to be honest I just shut up and listened to what I have been wanting to create for a while now. I’m out of excuses and just going for it. 


You’ll mostly find me in Vancouver, BC on my days off with my boys. We used to frequent here often before we had my son Eli. Yaletown specifically is special to us as we used to go there weekly. I think we have eaten at almost every restaurant there. I love the boutiques, coffee shops, and parks.


As you can see I’m in all neutrals. So...is it on trend or is it me? I used to call myself Plain Jane, but after looking up the meaning and it saying “not especially memorable or special” I’m not calling myself that anymore. I’m half kidding.


When I saw Yaletown had an installation about Love Is In the Air I knew I wanted to go and take some pictures surrounded by love, old bricks buildings,and cobblestone walkways. The latter two remind me of Europe. 


So here I am wearing neutrals. An Island girl caught living in a cold climate most months, but chasing that sunshine forever.  You will most likely find me in some sort of a hat (flat brim, toque, beret). This cream one is from Urban Outfitters. I’m wearing a band tee from Daydreamer LA. It’s a Guns N Roses tee. Yes, this girly girl listened to them. I’m wearing a beautiful ribbed knit skirt from Muse Fashion. A local, small biz I work for. My white boots and YSL belt bag are from Nordstrom Canada.This is one of my favourite department stores. My scarf is from another local boutique called The Mason Jar. It’s a good thing it’s located in White Rock because I want to own everything in that store.The brand of the scarf is Free People, and it feels buttery soft. FP is a Boho lovers dream. My long jacket is from Aritzia. It’s an expensive Vancouver addiction.   


The creative scarf shots were directed by E. He also loves fashion and is very into the monochromatic looks at the moment. E was very specific in his direction. 1, 2, 3 and GO, not a minute sooner or later. He’s very opinionated for a little human. 


I hope you find what you are passionate about. There’s more fun things to come. Plus a lot of local love because I love supporting small shops in the community.Thanks for following along and being here.


"What you want exists. Don't settle until you get it."

Jay Shetty 


Avril xx











Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts